Wednesday 18 June 2014

Revealing Rosemary

Hair and Makeup by Kada Bombay Beauty Loft. Styling by Chantal Studio Intent Boutique


Who did I think of when I met Rosemary? Julie Andrews. Being a wonderful humble lady, Rosemary finds my remark funny. But I'm not alone on this. She definitely evokes the lovely actress; not because of her appearance but because of how her personality is. She is one of those people you just want to sit with, let her do all the talking (though she's more interested in listening to you) and let yourself be captured by the beauty of her elegant and fluid movements, the way she talks and her beautiful warm smile. Every time I think of her, I picture her with a warm yellow light coming from her; the kind of light you want to be in all the time (have I mentioned before that I remember people with coloured light?) even if you're not talking but just being in her presence.

Her husband's words describe her perfectly:

"Rosemary is elegant - Audrey Hepburn elegant -  with farm girl in the mix. Unique style.  She is honest,  fiercely intelligent and literate".



She also happens to be an amazing poet. Being a book geek myself, of course I had to read her book "YES". I took it out of the library and couldn't put it down. to the point that I bought it right after I finished it and asked her to sign it.

She IS an amazing poet with a long list of national awards up her sleeve. Her poems are so beautiful and inspiring that woke up in me the dormant writer that has been in hibernation for more than a decade. The simplicity and beauty of her verses reminded me why I love writing. You can see and feel her personality in the words she writes.


To simply put it, Rosemary is beauty.

To finish, here are Rosemary's words about her True Beauty Experience:

"I can't tell you how honoured I felt to be a part of it. 
Fela, your photos are amazing. I have never thought of myself as photogenic, but you somehow achieved that... I will always treasure the memory of the reveal event".



No comments:

Post a Comment