Friday 3 January 2014

A Podcast Headshot

I was very happy to be called by Phyllis Valois last year to do the headshots for her promotional banner. Firstly, because Paul Spenard had referred me to her (how awesome is that? I'm still thanking the guy) and secondly because I found the concept exciting.

I had to match certain requirements from the web radio site so they could work with the image. Basically what they do is crop the person from the background and design the banner around it. So I had to be sure lightning would be the proper one so both graphic design work and photo wouldn't clash or become a hiccup for each other.

I like using natural light mostly because of it smooth and subtle effects on the subject, creating the perfect volume and shadow/highlight ratio. So I chose this option as best for this case.

I setup at her house with a big window on one side, a light bouncer on the other and a white background. She got "beautified" by Stephanie Tran from Luxe Artistry and we were ready to go. She was comfortable right away in front of the camera and was amazing at following instructions; I just had to shoot! 


 By the end we got some time to get some quick photos with her precious child (by quick I mean, the time he allowed us to do it; had to shoot fast!).


Image sent to the Graphic Design Department at Voice America


Final Image






In Phyllis' words: "I absolutely love that photograph. Thank you for capturing the person I see inside and the way that I truly see myself".







No comments:

Post a Comment